Since we've discovered rice paper rolls, we can't get enough of them. They're super low-carb and a really handy way of cramming loads of healthy veggies into small bite-sized rolls. Feel free to experiment with the fillings too, these go great for dinner parties as you can mix-up the fillings so see what you think.
Makes 8 Rolls
Rice Paper Rolls Ingredients:
- 1 x fiid Aromatic Lentil & Sweet Potato Curry
- 50g x Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- 8 x Rice Paper wraps
- 1 x Avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 x Carrot, chopped into matchstick size
- ¼ Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- 1 handful of fresh Coriander
- 1 x Lime
Peanut Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 6 tbsp smooth Peanut Butter (Shane's Tip: I use this liquid gold from Nutshed)
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 x Garlic Clove, crushed
- ½ Lime, juiced
Prepare the Peanut dipping sauce:
- Heat your fiid Aromatic Lentil & Sweet Potato Curry according to instructions on the pouch
- Boil water for the noodles and rice paper
- Pour boiling water over the vermicelli rice noodles and allow to sit
- Check instructions on the rice noodles for exact timing and requirements needed for that brand of noodle
- Pour the remaining boiled water into a wide bowl and allow to cool while preparing the rest of your ingredients. You will use this to prepare your rice paper wraps so try to use a bowl big enough that the wraps can be placed in flat to soften
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. You may need some boiling water to bind it together.
- Once you have all your ingredients prepared you can set up your assembly station
- Get a tea towel that is lint-free and lay it flat on your worktop. This is where you will assemble the rolls and the towel will help to absorb excess water from the rice paper
- Place the rice paper in the water and allow sit for around 20 seconds until it feels soft and pliable (how great a word is pliable by the way?)
- Lay one rice paper out on the towel flat at a time, being careful not to rip the fragile beauties
- Now we start to fill. It's important to not over fill the rolls; leave about an inch from the edges free from any filling and aim to cover around 1/3 of the paper itself.
- Let's go: Start with the drained noodles, add 2tsp of the fiid Aromatic Lentil & Sweet Potato Curry on top of the noodles.
- Next top with a small amount of each of your other ingredients: carrots, avocado, cucumber, cabbage and a few coriander leaves.
- Fold in the sides of the rice paper wrap and starting from the bottom, rolling upwards tightly so the filling is securely enclosed.
- Repeat with the remaining wraps and dig in.