There's something about burger condiments that I get really excited about so when I saw the words Harissa Mayo on this week's recipe my face lit up 🤩. This is a real crowd pleaser and one that will make every member of the family happy. If you get creative with your burger toppings please let me know!
1 x Fiid Hearty Moroccan Chickpea Tagine
- 1 x can Butter Beans
- 2 x cups cooked Quinoa
- 2 x cups Bread Crumbs
- 1 x tbsp Harissa paste
- 1 x tbsp Tomato puree
- 2 x tbsp Cumin powder
- 2 x tbsp Turmeric
- 2 x Garlic Cloves
- 1 x tsp Chilli flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 x handful fresh Coriander, chopped
For the Burger Toppings:
- 2 x Red Onions
- 1 x tbsp Olive Oil
- Burger Buns
For the Harissa Mayo:
- 4 tbsp Vegan Mayo of your choice
- 1 tbsp Harissa paste
To make your burger, pop the contents of one Fiid Hearty Moroccan Chickpea Tagine into the food processor along with 1 can of drained and rinsed Butter Beans, cooked Quinoa, Tomato Puree, Harissa paste, Turmeric, Garlic, Cumin powder, Salt and Pepper
- Pulse the food processor until combined
- Transfer to a bowl and add the chopped coriander and breadcrumbs. Mix together until everything is incorporated
- To form into even patties, wet your hands and mould into burger shapes. The mixture is wet and forming them into burger patties can get a little messy so roll up your sleeves! You can make 6 large burgers or 8 smaller ones.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and pop into the freezer for a least 20 minutes. They freeze really well and are best cooked from frozen so they do not lose their shape.
- When ready remove the burgers from the freezer and heat some oil in a shallow frying pan. Once the pan is nice and hot add the burgers and brown evenly on both sides quickly. Pop onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and into a preheated oven at 180C for 20min to cook through.
- While your burgers are cooking you can prepare the toppings.
- Slice your red onion thickly and place some oil on a frying pan, heat and add your onions, fry until golden brown on each side.
- To make your harissa mayo, using a mayonnaise of your preference combine together with the harissa paste and season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- If you like your buns nice and toasty you can pop them in the oven for the last five minutes of the cooking time to crisp up slightly.
- Once everything is ready assemble your burgers, serve and enjoy!